Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Magazine Covers Preview: Favorite

#37 TIME (April 14, 1997) (TIE)
This cover of TIME magazine is entitled, "Yep, I'm Gay," with a photograph of Ellen DeGeneres by celebrity photographer Firooz Zahedi. In the April 14, 1997 issue of TIME magazine, DeGeneres spoke to writer Bruce Handy and admitted to him that she was gay and this made her televisions first openly-gay star. The television character played by DeGeneres on the sitcom Ellen also came out later that month and this was one of the most watched episodes of the series.
- See more at: http://www.magazine.org/asme/magazine-cover-contests/asmes-top-40-magazine-covers-last-40-years-page-2#sthash.S7ESOpSy.dpuf

This magazine cover is my favorite because of what this cover is representing. I am against discrimination of gays, so i like that this magazine cover is about a celebrity coming out that she is gay. I believe in gay rights because a lot of my friends and family are gay or bisexual and i fully support them in having equal rights. I think that Ellen DeGeneres is a good example and role model that gays can get married without being discriminated by  others and be able to do things just as well as straight people. And I think that this magazine inspire others to come out with who they are and not the ashamed by it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment